Here is a brief overview to my approach to day trading in futures:
- Contextual understanding is paramount.
- Discretionary execution within a dynamic trading plan.
- Use concepts of value, auction market theory and price action with a top down time frame approach to understand context.
- Use support and resistance zones in context of market action, not as systematic entries and exits.
- Use order flow to refine entries and exits.
The types of trades I take are generally:
- Zone fades within balance, either for a reaction or reversal depending on context.
- Balance breakouts.
- Pullback continuation in trend.
- Scalps around intraday profile and dynamic references.
- Offer at least 2:1 reward to risk potential